Underestimating the power of prayer is laughable to those of us who have experienced it first hand.
The 5th chapter of the book of James indicates that a man who is living on the right side of the Lord would have effective and immediate results from his prayers.
God listens to, answers, and responds to prayer.
You may not like the response from in all cases, in fact, no measurable response could be a message in itself. Just as an inaction is an action.
“…The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops.”
Reasons to Pray
- If you need something, or someone.
- If you need hope.
- To relax.
- To build faith.
- To move closer to our Lord.
- To reduce anxiety.
- To make an addition to the strength of your character.
- To affect the way you feel.
- To prove the existence of God by watching the effects of prayer. This is my favorite!!
- To help our nation, or your nation, if not in the USA.
- To add depth to your perspective.
- To watch it work. (I stole that from three lines up)
- To reinforce your spiritual values.
- To motivate others.
- Prayer is very comforting.
- To ask god to remove evil temptations we all have, and love.
- To gain wisdom.
- To help others.
- For moral integrity.
- To ask for peace.
- To ask for help.
- To ask for energy. (When I am up late, knowing I have to be to work early, I ask God to give me the sensation of a full rest from a few hours. More often than not I get the desired effect.)
- To protect our friends, hubs, loved ones, and our troops who are always used as globalists political cannon fodder. Or corporate cannon fodder.
- To ask God to vote for Ron Paul at the polls.
- To ask to be blessed with wisdom.
- To send blessings to others.
- To be asked to be shown the way to…whatever path you seek.
- To ask for money. Some people may not like this, but its better than serving evil. God may not send you a check, but he WILL open your eyes to something that has been in front of you all the while. Which is why asking for wisdom is important. God gets way too many emails and I am sure he would grant you some wisdom so you would stop spamming him so often.
- To ask him to forgive to Catholic church for the over use of idolatry and to bless the Nazi Pope that keeps a crooked cross.
- To add depth and reason to bible and gun clutching.
This is getting out of hand. I need to pray for guidance.
You Can Pray Anywhere at Anytime
You can pray anywhere at any time!
The Lord’s Prayer
9 Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
1 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I awalk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Got any others? If so, let us know in the comments.