There are a number of interesting facts about automobiles that I wanted to share. In American culture, the automobile is a shining icon that’s representative of freedom and the open road.
The list below was posted, written, and articulated with pride by the one and only VizFact.
- $87 million is the price paid for the most expensive car ever sold. The vehicle was a 1931 Bugatti Royale Kellner Coupe.
- Stolen cars almost never sold intact. They are usually sold to chop shops.
- Honda Accords and Civics are the most stolen cars.
- Rogers of Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood had his car stolen, and it was returned to him with an apology.
- F1 racer cars have wings designed to keep them from flying.
- The average Cuban earns less than $300 a year making it impossible for them to buy new car.
- The 1967 Shelby Mustang GT – 500 is one of the most recognized cars on planet Earth.
- Americans spend between two and four weeks of their lifetime waiting for red lights to give them permission to proceed.
- Paul Gavin invented the world’s first radio intended as an auto accessory back in 1929.
- The United States of America has a car available now for every man, woman, child, and baby.